Chinese traditional marriage ceremony
Traditional Chinese Wedding Ceremony
1. Eating tangyuan(a kind of desert made of sticky rice and stuffed with sweet of salt stuffings). The bride have to eat tangyuan with his parents and girlhood friends, this action represents department. Mother feeds the bride with tangyuan and the bride cries.
2. Begging for wedding gift. When a groom meets with a bride’s familly members, he should sent a bouquet to the bride, and the bride’s girlfriend stop the groom of doing this intentionally. They give out certain condition to allow his pass, usually somemoney wraped in a red envolope.
3. Farewell to the familly. The bride should knock her head to her parents while the groom only bows.
4. Departing. The bride should be guided to the wedding car by a senior female member of the familly who holds a bamboo plaque or black unbrella, because the bride can’t be exposed to the sunshine. It also shows the best wish for the bride to live a happy life as this senior female familly member．(PS. Prepare a plaque sticked with a red character "喜" which means happyness)
5. Wedding Car. The bamboo plaque can be placed on the back hood.
6. Present a fan. Before the bride step into the wedding car, a lucky little boy presents a fan (put on a tray)to the bride and the bride gives a red envolope back the little boy. (PS, prepare a fan attached with to little red envolopes)
7.Never say goodbye. When everybody’s leaving the bride’s home, nobody says goodbye to the bride’s familly.
8. Throwing the fan. When the bride’s in the wedding car, she throws the fan out of the window. It means that she won’t bring her bad temper to her husband’s home. The little boy picks up the fan and gives it to the bride’s familly, they give him another little red envolope.
9. Set off the firecracker. The bride’s familly sets off firecrackers when the wedding car’s departing.
10. Touching orange. When the wedding car arrives at the groom’s house, a child holding two oranges comes to greet the couple. The bride has to touch the oranges and give out a red envolope as appreciation.
11. Guiding the bride. When the bride step off the wedding car, a senior lucky member of the groom’s familly supports the bride with his/her hands to walk into the hall while holding the bamboo plaque above the bride’s head.
12.Never step on the doorstill, step over it.
13.Step over the fire bason and walk through tiles. The bride walks in the hall and step over the fire bason and tread down the tiles.
14. Enter the wedding chamber. The couple set on a coach that underlaid groom’s trousers, means the couple together make a son. No male enter the wedding chamber.(The time of entering the wedding chamber should be chosen)
15. Never set on the wedding bed. At the wedding day, nobody can set on the wedding bed. Especially the bride can’t lay down on the bed, because this movement might imply her illness and stay in bed in the future. Moreover, from the time that the bed was placed till the wedding eve, the groom should sleep with an under age male on that bed.
16. Set off firecracker, begin the banquet. The wedding car leaves the wedding chamber, firecrackers set off.
17. Enter the lobby(honeymoon suite). Friends come to visit the bride.